Exercise, both physical and mental is important for good health and is central to maintaining a healthy weight. During your stay, we hope to involve you in a variety of different exercise classes aimed at all levels of fitness and abilities. From the gentle morning walks to circuit training, we aim to get you moving and all movement is exercise. You can do as much or as little as you want, all our classes are optional. But to get full benefit from your stay, we recommend trying to do as many of the classes as possible.
Exercise has numerous benefits such as:
- Assists in weight loss
- Improves digestion
- Increases energy and reduces fatigue
- Boosts the immune system
- Strengthens heart muscles and decreases risk of heart attack
- Decreases risk of osteoporosis and increases bone density
- Reduces risk of diabetes
- Helps re-balance cholesterol to healthy levels
- Slows down the aging process
- Increases resting metabolic rate
- Increases strength and stamina
- Improves circulation and helps lower blood pressure
- Can improve joint flexibility, suppleness and increase range of movement
- Increases concentration of myoglobin (carries oxygen in muscle) in skeletal muscles
- Increases production of endorphins and elevates positive mood
To mention just a few…..
Not everyone likes or wants to do exercise, even though they are aware of the many benefits. We are here to help with our expertise and guidance. Some people may need to change their beliefs, thoughts, actions and emotions about exercise and fitness. Or need inspiration to make changes or motivation to get started. We offer advice and instruction on how to maintain new behaviours and develop permanent habits that in the long run benefits and enhances life.
People who exercise regularly say they have more energy, have higher self esteem, are more relaxed and it makes them feel good.
Exercise and fitness relates directly to health and happiness and your ability to do this thing called “life”.
Does fitness matter.? You bet it does.!! Do we need to say any more to convince you?
Personal training sessions can be booked as an additional extra to the daily exercise programme. These sessions will be conducted on a one to one basis and can be designed to work on any personal fitness requirements that you may have. They can be sport specific, hobby specific or planned and tailored to your personal needs or requirements.
If you have an area that you feel needs more attention than the daily exercise classes provide/offer then we can work with you to achieve your goal. Additionally, we can provide you with your own individual tailor made personal training schedule for you to follow once you return home.